Monday, April 30, 2012

my poems:)

The Trial
Dreams are lined up agianst the wall,
As if your posing for mugshots.
Sentenced to life imprisotnment for a crime you did not commit,
We were all cast aways, all felt the heat of the world "Your A Failure".
We were told were not good enough,
not "right" enough to fit in.
And so they came here to the place of forgotten dreams.


A Lost Steering Wheel

Before I stepped off the sidewalk,
Straight down to the black top.
You brushed my hand,
In the median I glanced over my shoulder,
Why weren't you there?
A face unfamiliar, a hand grasping mine.
Different feelings, a whole new world.
Why weren't you in it?
Guidances absent, I found my own way.
And at the end of the maze, Will you be there?

Lost at sea
I feel them in my hand,
Organized and stacked,
They shiver and they chatter,
The noise doesn't matter,
But what is noise in a space like this,
Alone and echo free,
With no one present to hear my call,
Does it exist or not?
I feel my body rock back and forth,
The cold makes me feel numb,
Thus leaving silence for all my thoughts,
Screaming as they come,
My eyes are stressed open, yet all is black,
I slowly drift on my back,
The only light I see is a distant star,
The closest companion yet oh so far,
My weak arm reaches for the star,
Never have I seen such a starry night,
The wave stir, providing hope.
A distant voice says "grab this rope"
With no more waves to keep me warm ,
And a lack of painful silence,
 I know no star will be as bright as i float on my back on this starry night:)

Myself
I'm the suffocated coal miner, the teenage flatliner, that designated drunk driver thrown under the wheel, im the anorexic starver, the cancer patients daughter, that one perfect carver hospitalized because i told the truth, i'm the 22 year old widow, the OI baby to fragile to hold, that one gambler who just can't fold so he hides his addiction, i'm the suicidal teacher and the sinful daughter of the preacher, that one girl with not one skinny feature that alot of people avoid.
I'm someone i wish i wasn't, the person counting the wars i've fought, that one right hack that gets me caught, i'm all of these people cramed into one, that last standing warrior who would have won, the idiot searching for that one piece to the puzzle, i was trying to find myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment